Thursday, November 8, 2007

Huh?

I was reading a Reuters article today about the Iowa Caucuses today when I came across some poll data that was disturbing.

"Nearly 60 percent of Americans believe trade is bad for the economy, according to an NBC News-Wall Street Journal poll conducted in September."
-Iowa voters take Democrats to task over jobs (Reuters)

Uh, trade is the economy. That's what capitalism is; trading money, goods, or services for other goods and services.

So you're saying that the economy is bad for the economy?

Either the quote/poll drastically misrepresents Americans' feelings toward trade, or the average American is quite dull. I'm really hoping it's the former.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet you that the writer meant to write "free trade." There's no way I'm believing an Iowan said that. They take this caucus thing very seriously.

bcnjake said...

I don't think it was Iowans. I think the NBC poll was nationwide. By the way, who are you supporting in Iowa?

free webstats