Thursday, October 18, 2007

From the Depths of the Interweb!

Some pretty interesting stuff came from the depths of the interweb today. More interesting than anything that happened to me in the past 24 hours, so here you go:

Savage Love - I'm not reproducing it out of respect for taste (read: Susie's really grossed out), but totally worth a read this week for the Southern Reverend story.

In more serious news, it seems that David Pogue, the tech guru at the Paper of Record doesn't know everything. He's compiled a list of things he doesn't know on his blog. Among the highlights:

* What happens to software programs when their publishers go out of business?
* Who are the morons who respond to junk-mail offers, thereby keeping spammers in business?
* How come there are still no viruses for Mac OS X? If it has 6 percent of the market, shouldn’t it have 6 percent of the viruses?
* Why don’t all hotels have check-in kiosks like airlines do?
* Why aren’t there recycling bins for bottles and cans where they’re most obviously needed, like food courts and cafeterias?

But don't fear, faithful blogreaders. I have several substantive ideas in my head for some posts, including watching the Old Firm game (part the first) at The Celtic Cross on Saturday, thoughts on Richard Dawkins and a blog post I read at the St. Louis Archdiocese Youth Website (I was there to check out the musings of a good friend), and more.* Also, I'm going to try and get a Google Reader feed on the blog for some shared items, removing the excuse, "I'll just post a funny link and that counts."

* Unlike the Times, I am absolutely, unequivocally, and totally in favor of the serial comma. Without it, how would you explain the following sentence: I like steak, bacon and ham and eggs.

No comments:

free webstats