Saturday, January 26, 2008

Context

I love pictures that are taken at exactly the right moment and suggest something that probably didn't actually happen. Take this picture, for example. I have no doubt that Bill Clinton is politely, but fervently making a point while discussing politics with the gentleman in the foreground. But that's not what the picture looks like by itself, sans context.

Clinton angry. Clinton SMASH!!

The picture is from Ezra Klein's blog at The American Prospect, from an article discussing the pros and cons of Bill's campaigning. Apparently, one of the points involves Bill punching old dudes.

Also, I don't think I was the only one to pick up on the humor of the photo's timing. When I saved the picture to my desktop, it saved as punchingbill.jpg.

No comments:

free webstats